Under minimal direction, this position manages the construction and maintenance of the electric utility substations or relaying systems, as well as SCADA and ERCOT Tie Metering to assure reliable operations. The Superintendent also responds to and manages substation or transmission line restoration activities due to weather, equipment malfunction or
Experience in relay-protection, metering and/or SCADA of transmission and/or distribution substation systems in an electric utility field
Experience in a supervisor role, performing the full range of supervisory functions for teams responsible for substation, relay, SCADA and/or metering
Experience responding to unscheduled, urgent utility related matters such as outages, emergency restoration, and other business needs outside normal business hours
Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word 2016 or later
Basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel 2016 or later
Ability to travel to more than one work location
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible to manage safety, staff, schedules, budget and project performance for substation relay construction and maintenance projects.
2. Work with Project Management group to develop and implement the substation/relay construction project, labor, budget and schedule estimates.
3. Analyze manpower, process and resource requirements to achieve maximum efficiency in completing construction and maintenance activities.
4. Determine and recommend maintenance needs. Plan and implement maintenance activities accordingly to minimize system risk.
5. Provide technical information on impact of system upgrades as it may impact current transmission system reliability.
6. Develop and manage both capital and O&M Budgets.
7. Respond and manage substation or transmission line restoration activities due to weather, equipment malfunction or damage. Manages staff during emergency situations.
8. Assures that all plans and work are consistent with appropriate codes and regulations.
9. Maintain all work instruction, procedures, calibrations and records in compliance with quality management system
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of substation electrical equipment, including relays, Knowledge of technical aspects of transmission systems
Knowledge of construction and maintenance practices, equipment and techniques
Knowledge of utility financial, regulatory and managerial accounting practices
Knowledge of federal, state and local building and environmental codes
Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles including training.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in using computers and related software applications.
Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
Skill in planning and organizing.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular events.
Ability to interpret technical drawings and manufactures specifications, and calculate resources required for construction and maintenance requirement
Ability to develop and manage a comprehensive maintenance operation
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus eight (8) years of relevant electric utility experience, two (2) of which were in a supervisory lead capacity.
Additional Salary Information: This position is classified as Exempt and is Considered Essential.
Follow this link to apply: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/89359
Internal Number: AE502418
About Austin Energy
Austin Energy is more than just a power company. We are 1,700 of your friends and neighbors with a mission to safely deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service — 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. As a community-owned utility, we’re a not-for-profit enterprise of the City of Austin that is focused on driving customer value in energy services. At Austin Energy, we are determined to use innovative technology to build a better Austin and to lead the way for clean, affordable energy.