A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering, and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within an office and a company that is committed to our employees’ success and career growth, values a team-oriented, collaborative, and supportive work environment, and is a Denver Post Top Workplace since 2018 (and counting!).
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Civil Design Engineer to add to our team in Johnstown, CO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and national land development projects. The candidate will work on the Land Development Team in a highly collaborative interdisciplinary office environment. The Civil Design Engineer assists in the approval and development of public and private projects on the Land Development Team.
- Performs and completes assignments designed to develop professional working knowledge and abilities, requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria needed to carry out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Assumes a limited degree of judgment on work details and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Using prescribed methods performs and completes specific and limited portions of an experienced engineer’s broader assignment.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related and detailed steps or processes.
- Assists in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents, and permit applications for subdivisions, commercial developments, multifamily developments, and public works projects.
- Assists in the preparation of calculations, such as storm drain, earthwork quantities, cost estimates, and other supporting documentation for public and private projects.
- Performs plan drafting using AutoCAD and Civil3D software.
- Takes an active role in new business development by performing quality production work to build strong relationships with existing clients.
- May perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $62,000-$78,000
- Health Insurance (Two Plans to Choose From)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- 401(K) Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Flex Work Schedule
- Wellness Program
- Cash Bonuses
- Paid Volunteer Hours