Develops, evaluates and improves industrial manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards. Has a natural curiosity for what is causing problems and desires to solve them in an analytical and respectful manner.
· Ensure that all manufacturing processes are ergonomically friendly and any potential safety incidences are eliminated.
· Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements and workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
· Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions
· Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules or other information to facilitate production processes
· Confer with vendors to determine specifications of products and arrange equipment, material purchase and parts
· Evaluate products based on specifications and quality standards
· Complete all necessary documents fully and accurately
· Adhere to 5S standards (e.g., maintain cleanliness of work area, etc.)
· Follow all Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and procedures
· Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives and support sustainment efforts of new/improved processes
· Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Education
· Perform work under direct supervision
· Handle basic issues and problems and refer more complex issues to higher-level staff
· Possess beginning to working knowledge of subject matter
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an engineering role within a cold forming/working environment
· BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
· Takes initiative. Proactive and acts without prompting, has natural curiosity
· Ability to follow written and verbal directions
· Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Problem-solving skills
· Analytical thinking skills
· Design general knowledge
· Ability to work in AutoCADD, Solidworks a plus
Internal Number: 1019
MacLean-Fogg Component Solutions (MFCS), recognized by Automotive News as one of North America’s 100 largest suppliers, is a leading manufacturer of fastener components, engineered components and engineered plastics for automotive, heavy truck, and other diverse industries. Please visit www.macleanfoggcs.com to learn more.
MacLean-Fogg Company is a group of global enterprises which partner with key customers to engineer, manufacture, and distribute products for the automotive and power utility marketplaces worldwide.
Founded in 1925, today MacLean-Fogg is a global enterprise with 26 global manufacturing facilities, annual sales in excess of $1 billion, and a worldwide workforce of more than 3,200 people. MacLean-Fogg is a privately held enterprise headquartered in Mundelein, IL USA.