We currently are seeking a dynamic, strategic, and innovative Industrial Engineer. This key position will be based in our manufacturing facility located in Opelika, AL.
For more than 45 years, Pharmavite has been a trusted leader in the wellness industry, recognized for providing quality vitamins, minerals and supplements under our Nature Made® brand name.
Who We Are: Our mission is People creating new products for better health worldwide.
What We Do: Our vision is inspiring the healthiest you through more complete nutrition... Wherever you are in life.
As a member of the Pharmavite team, employees enjoy competitive salaries and an exceptional benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, and long term disability coverage. In addition, all employees enjoy our bonus program, educational assistance, credit union membership, substantial discounts on our products, 11 paid holidays per year, and an opportunity to be part of a health/wellness organization.
Provides industrial engineering support for continuous improvement, cost reduction, and improved quality via improved understanding of loss. Leads target rate and financial standard setting process for manufacturing and/or packaging lines. Leads or supports the process of educating others on findings via reporting development and data capture. Establishes baseline information for machine and labor performance metrics that support financial, planning and operational control systems.
- Establishes and maintains labor standards through work measurement, work simplification, methods engineering and analysis of statistical data.
- Evaluates and establishes ideal equipment speed settings and standards for run-speeds and changeover times as an input to scheduling methods, performance metrics and financial standards. Performs bottleneck analysis to identify increased throughput opportunities.
- Identifies value-added and non value-added activities through accepted Industrial Engineering techniques.
- Analyzes the workplace for both efficient and inefficient work activities. Identifies and facilitates potential cost reduction projects. Recommends essential equipment needed.
- Organizes the implementation of line event data (LEDS) as the site owner for TrakSYS. Works with Production Manager to improve data accuracy within the tool and functions as the site subject matter expert.
- Applies project management skills within the site to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, in budget and achieving desired results.
- Manages and conducts employee training for productivity improvement projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.