The Quality Technician will perform a variety of hands on and administrative activities to support the objectives and projects for the Supplier Quality Team. The primary areas for support include the Supplier Initiated Action Requests (SIAR) process, control of non conforming material, incoming inspection, and supplier quality management. This position requires thorough, diligent, timely and accurate entry of quality data as well as data analysis using Brooks’ various business software systems. The Quality Technician will work closely with Supplier Quality and Supply Chain Teams, Suppliers, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Design Engineering, and Shipping to execute assigned responsibilities and drive both product and process improvements.
- Support the SIAR (Supplier Initiated Action Requests) process as a SIAR administrator including SIAR submittals, SIAR processing thru Agile, following up with Suppliers, and SIAR metrics.
- Coordinate execution of the nonconforming material process by facilitating weekly MRB reviews, driving timely disposition of defective material, supporting SQE’s in driving improvements with suppliers and cross functional support for a project to reduce sources of damage.
- Assists the Incoming Inspection Team with inspections, maintenance of product history cards, and purges.
- Work with the SQE’s on supplier management objectives for audit schedule/audit record maintenance, failure analysis and SCAR cycle times, and defect reduction. This includes issuing monthly supplier scorecards and monthly metrics analysis.
- Supports Supplier Quality Team projects as needed.
- Occasional travel to suppliers may be required.